Sunday, February 20, 2011

Things to think about (and work on).

The coming 16 months look pretty challenging these days. Chris' (that's my husband) decision to go back to school will bring a lot of changes to the way life runs at the moment. By August next year, he will be going to school full time which means that his full time job -and salary- will be out of the picture for a while.


Happily, the effect of this decision hasn't been to stop "living"; still some sacrifices need to be made, and we need to cram several projects in the next months before time and money reduce to less than half.

Projects
Here you will need some background. We didn't go on a honeymoon when we got married (6 years ago yesterday, thank you very much) because the wedding took place abroad, and because the general rule of full time employment only allows a couple of weeks of vacation that were used in final preparations the weeks prior. Back then we said we would go eventually and I am happy to say the time has arrived (after all we seem to work better under pressure).

Another project we have been working on for a while is our house. Let me be more specific -the fireplace. Since it has been a long process and I don't have many illustrations to show at this moment, I will make it short. After many designs that didn't come to an end we can finally announce that we are close. However, after the fireplace is done we still have another 1000 things to finish; one of the delights of homeownership, especially if you are one of those couples that can't leave things alone.

On a more personal area, there is another project I have in mind, let's not even call it project yet since it is still only an idea. I love painting. I don't know how good or bad I am at it, but all and all I enjoy doing it. A while back it occurred to me that I could exhibit some of my paintings at this wonderful restaurant that displays work of local artists (weird to say this since I had never consider myself an artist). So, I said to myself, why not? Not that this has anything to do with the whole let's-cram-everything-in-the-next-year concept, but I think it is the right time to start and probably the main reason for the existence of this blog.

Let's recap, in the next few months I need to plan a wonderful trip, finish a house; and paint, paint, paint. Not bad at all, actually I can't wait.

3 comments:

  1. MM! :)

    You and Chris will get all your projects done, I just know it! I love your idea to paint; you're so creative.

    Lance and I need to come over- you and I can drink some wine while the boys talk shop about the infamous fireplace. :)

    xO. ashley

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the support! I am starting to really like this, it is giving some organization to my mind plus it feels good to have these think-out-loud moments with the keyboard. Wine idea is great -just say when.

    ReplyDelete
  3. se que vas a cumplir todas las metas que te propongas,aveces hay que hacer sacrificios... pero a la final vale la pena

    ReplyDelete