Saturday, February 12, 2011

The Beginning

Time does not change us. It just unfolds us. 
Max Frisch


Seasons. This is something I didn't fully understand until a few years ago when I came to live in the US. I grew up in a city (wonderful city, I must say) where extreme temperatures don't exist; life there is better described as linear rather than cyclic. Cycles make me think of re-starting points.


Winter especially is a very reflective time for me, not only for the lack of motivation to go outside but also because looking out the window and seeing everything covered in white pushes me to reset my mind and consider new ideas to paint on that canvas. Let's put it this way, after so many days of drawing on an 'etch a sketch', it is time to give it a shake.

Reseting your mind can be surprising, you never know what you are capable of creating or doing. Blogging, for instance, was something I had not considered until a few days ago, and here I am.

How did it start? Well, I figured this was a way to keep myself motivated while I accomplish some goals that I have for the next months (we will talk about those goals later) and also share a few things that happen in between. After that I simply googled how to start a blog and done! The result is happening right now.

One more thing, when I told my husband I was starting a blog, I said that I was excited about it but I didn't know what to blog about. He responded, just as calm and supportive as always, “don't worry, it will come to you”. So, I am sure it will come to me.

Let's see what unfolds, here is to the beginning.

4 comments:

  1. the site looks amazing! i love the painting, you know its one of my favorites. i cant wait to see what unfolds from this soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a beautiful thought- how the winter snow can reset your mind so you can paint.

    xO.

    ReplyDelete
  3. chevere el blog... me encantó el título

    ReplyDelete